Thursday, November 5, 2015

Welcome to Mr. V's Blog

You might be asking yourself, "What is a blog?" A blog is basically a regularly updated website that is typically created and run by one individual. It is usually written in an informal style- very much like a conversation. So, the next question you might have is, "What is the purpose of this?" All blogs serve different purposes. My blog is here to help students and parents with keeping updated with class activities, events, assignments, and a place for resources.



You will notice to the right of this post that there are calendars specific to grade level and cycle. Whenever I assign something to students and I post them in their Google Classroom, the assignment will show up here in the calendar. Simply click on an assignment, and you will get a description of what the assignment entails.

You will also notice that above this post are navigation links to specific pages for the current classes for this cycle. On these pages, I will post descriptions of what is happening in the class for the week. Sometimes, I will post during the week if something really cool happened in class, or I wanted to share a student achievement. I will also add images to posts, showcasing student activities in class.

Also on the right side, below the calendars, you will find links to resources for both parents and students. These resources might come in handy for lessons that are currently happening or for general discussion of technology tools and skills. I welcome any resource suggestions from parents or students, too. If you come across something you feel would be a welcome addition to the resources links, please feel free to email me at dvallera@npsct.org. 

So, go ahead and click on the navigation tab for the class your child is in. And, again, welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment